Hydrophilic Medical Device Coating
AquaGlide® is a thermal-cured hydrophilic medical device coating. It is a specially formulated coating that absorbs water, saline and body fluids to provide a very low-friction surface when hydrated. These coatings bond to coils, hypotubes, mandrels made of stainless steel along with plastic substrates, polymer jacketed material and some rubber substrates. AquaGlide® provides very low friction surface characteristics when in the presence of fluids.
AquaGlide® provides very low friction insertion and withdrawal of catheters or guidewires. The friction forces are reduced compared to an uncoated device. The frictional forces can be reduced up to 90% when the coated surface is hydrated.
Applied properties of AquaGlide®:
- Dry film thickness of .0002” – .0005” per side
- Low temperature cure of 250° – 300° maximum
- Transparent bonded film allows for visible depth or markers on the device
- Patient comfort from lower frictional properties
- Permanently bonded
- Can be sprayed or dipped, depending on the article to be coated
- Biocompatible and antithrombogenic
We do not have a licensing fee for you to use our coating services.