We believe that “Every Medical Device We Coat Touches Lives”®
Surface Solutions Group, LLC was founded specifically to develop and apply low friction PTFE coatings for the medical industry.
Who We Are
Surface Solutions Group, LLC is the respected technological industry leader for the application of coating technologies that are exclusive to the medical device industry.
- SSG is the largest automated applicator of low friction PTFE coatings in the world.
- We have 32,000 sq. ft. of controlled environment for processing of the low friction PTFE, Hydrophilic, hybrid and friction lowering silicone coatings.
- We offer 12 different families of proven coatings for the medical device industry
Our coating technologies, extensive electrostatic robotic automation, and state of the art facility provide our customers with
- Consistently applied coating on their products.
- Uniform and a repeatable coating process
- Final coatings for medical devices that meet or exceed our customers’ requirements.
We are a results-oriented company and we are always looking to meet or exceed our customer’s requirements in quality, service and delivery. We monitor all of these critical operational statistics daily. Our medical coatings change the properties of medical wire and other devices for the better with reliable biocompatibility and improvements to product and patient safety. That is a responsibility that we don’t take lightly.
Our exclusive/proprietary coating technologies include:
Our Cutting-Edge Medical Coating Technology and DESIGNER’S DOZEN™ Services. Our DESIGNER’S DOZEN™ coating technologies is a suite of twelve specialized medical coatings and application technology services for components ranging from medical instruments to surgical devices, needles and hypotubes. Various medical coating technologies can enhance the performance of medical products or equipment by changing the friction levels, meeting biocompatibility requirements and contributing to the overall safety or use of the medical product.
Each coating in our DESIGNER’S DOZEN™ group seeks to enhance your medical components to ensure that they function at their highest capacity. Our DESIGNER’S DOZEN™ medical coatings include:
- FluoroMed®, no-PFOA PTFE low frictions coatings
- FluoroWire®, no-PFOA PTFE coatings on continuous reel to reel applications
- VisiMark®, a banding technology done with PTFE over the top of PTFE
- Slick Sil®, coating to make silicone slippery, Parylene replacement
- ElectroBond, electro surgical coating technology
- VisiBond(sm), permanent color-coding technology that is resistant to autoclave
- FluoroBond® N-N2, micron thin ceramic coating technology
- AquaGlide®, hydrophilic coating series
- FluoroBond®-R, low friction coating for rubber
- FluoroMed® Anti-Microbial, advanced bio pathogen killing coating technology
- PlastiGlide®/CarbonGlide® low friction coating for plastic and filled d compouns
- FluoroGlass®/Protective bonded coating for Glass products
Although Surfaces Solutions Group hasn’t been around long, we have over 60 years of experience in the coating industry. Our parent company, Orion Industries, has over 20 years of experience in coating medical devices alone. Due to the growing customer base in the medical device industry, Orion created a separate company called Surface Solutions Group. We moved into our own stand-alone facility in 2008 that was only 8400 sq. ft. Our long history with coatings equips us with the knowledge of what it means to provide the best end results.
State of the Art Facility
We have grown so fast in the past years that we expanded to a 64,000 square foot, state of the art facility in 2016. Our operation includes 11 automated coating lines and 10 coating manual coating areas along with a coating lab for evaluating and formulating coatings for specific applications. As time goes on, we will continue to pursue perfection and work harder than anyone else in the industry to provide you with the best possible results. Our new facility allows us to meet your requests more efficiently than ever before. Consistency matters when it comes to coatings and we are living proof of that.
Every company has an end goal in mind. At SSG, our main focus is to better the medical industry by providing coating technologies and application that improve the function and safety of medical devices. We believe that our coatings allow medical devices to function at their highest capacity. In the medical field, with the constant advancement in technology, this doesn’t happen without innovation on our end.
Our Team: Working Together with Integrity
We’ve come a long way since the beginning. Our 75 cross trained employees work together to ensure that we produce the best results possible. No matter what department any of us are involved in, we all have the same goal in mind: to deliver coatings that serve to provide the best possible coatings for your medical device with the focus on quality and repeatability.