Respected Leader of Medical Device Coating Technologies
We believe that “Every Medical Device We Coat Touches Lives”®
Surface Solutions Group, LLC was founded specifically to develop and apply low friction PTFE coatings for the medical industry.
Why Choose Surface Solutions Group as Your Collaborative Coatings Partner
Surface Solutions Group, LLC is the respected technological industry leader for the application of coating technologies that are exclusive to the medical device industry. We are not owned by M&A investors and we have no debt. We are focused on serving our customers with the best possible coating technology, not quarterly returns.
With over 60 years of experience in the coating industry, including more than 20 years of coating medical devices, SSG constantly invests in its future. One of our Fundamental Principles is to improve the medical industry by providing coating technologies that improve the function and safety of medical devices. We uphold this principle by applying and optimizing coatings that allow medical devices to function at their highest capacity.
- SSG is the largest automated applicator of low friction PTFE coatings in the world.
- We have 32,000 sq. ft. of controlled environment for processing of the low friction PTFE, hydrophilic, hybrid and friction lowering silicone coatings.
- We offer 13 different categories of proven coatings for the medical device industry.
Our coating technologies, extensive electrostatic robotic automation, and state-of-the-art facility provide our customers with:
- Consistently applied coating on their products.
- Uniform and repeatable coating processes.
- Final coatings for medical devices that meet or exceed their requirements.
Our passion for the industry and our customers is evident through our quality management certifications and our state-of-the-art facility, which allows us to create and offer an extensive array of innovative coating technologies and stay ahead of the curve while also meeting our customer’s requests more efficiently than ever before. Our Customer Success Stories and Testimonials are abundant because our team of engineers, chemists, technicians, and leaders is incredibly dedicated to the work they do.
We are an ISO 13485 certified, results-oriented company and strive to constantly meet or exceed our customer’s requirements in quality, service and delivery. We monitor all of these critical operational statistics daily. Our medical coatings change the properties of medical wire and other devices for the better with reliable biocompatibility and improvements to product and patient safety. That is a responsibility that we don’t take lightly. Because we know that… Every medical device we coat touches lives®.
Exclusive, Proprietary Coating Technologies
Our leading-edge medical device coating technologies is a suite of 13 specialized medical coatings and application services for devices and components ranging from medical instruments and surgical devices, to catheters, needles and hypotubes. SSG’s medical coating technologies can enhance the performance of medical devices and components by changing the friction levels, meeting biocompatibility requirements and contributing to the overall safety or effectiveness of medical products.
Each coating in seeks to improve the functionality and safety of your medical devices and components to ensure that they work at their highest capacity. Our medical coatings include:
- FluoroMed®, PFOA-free PTFE low frictions coatings
- FluoroWire®, PFOA-free PTFE coatings on continuous reel to reel applications
- GlideMed®, PTFE-, PFOS-, PFOA-, solvent- and hex chrome-free, compliant alternative to traditional PTFE
- VisiMark®, banding technology done with PTFE over the top of PTFE
- Slick Sil®, coating to make silicone slippery; Parylene replacement
- ElectroBond®, electro surgical coating technology
- VisiBond®, permanent color-coding technology that is resistant to autoclave
- FluoroBond® N/N2, micron thin ceramic coating technology
- AquaGlide®, hydrophilic coating series
- FluoroBond®-R, low friction coating for rubber
- FluoroMed® AM, advanced anti-microbial, bio pathogen killing coating technology
- PlastiGlide®, low friction coating for plastic and filled compounds
- FluoroGlass®, protective bonded coating for glass products
Our History: A Consistent Focus
Surface Solutions Group has over 60 years of experience in the coating industry, through our sister company, Orion Industries. We have over 20 years of experience in coating medical devices alone. Due to the growing customer base in the medical device industry, Orion created a separate company called Surface Solutions Group. We moved into our own stand-alone facility in 2008 that was only 8400 sq. ft., and in 2016 moved to our new state of the art 32,000 sq. ft. facility. Our long history with coatings equips us with the knowledge of what it means to provide the best end results.
Due to ever-increasing customer demand, we have grown so quickly over the past few years that we expanded to a 32,000 square foot, state-of the art facility in 2016. Our operation includes a controlled environment with 11 automated coating lines and 10 manual coating lines, as well as a coating lab for evaluating and formulating coatings for specific applications. We continuously innovate to improve and expand our coating technology offerings, and work harder than anyone else in the industry to provide you with the best possible results. Our facility allows us to efficiently and accurately meet your delivery date requests. Quality and consistency matters when it comes to coatings and our ISO 13485 certification and ZERO FDA recalls is proof of that.
Every company has an end goal in mind. At SSG, our main focus is to better the medical industry by providing coating technologies and application services that improve the function and safety of medical devices. We believe that our coatings allow medical devices to function at their highest capacity, which help to improve patient outcomes. In the medical field, with the constant advancement in technology, this doesn’t happen without our continuous innovation, and being open minded to unique customer requests.
Our Team: Working Together with Integrity
We’ve come a long way since the beginning. Our 100+ employees are cross trained and work together to ensure that we produce the best results possible. No matter what department we’re in, we all have the same goal in mind: to advance the medical industry by providing coating technologies and application techniques that improve the function, consistency, and safety of medical devices and components.