Permanently Bonded Low Friction PTFE Coatings
At SSG, we apply low friction PTFE coatings that are permanently bonded and add low friction properties that are beneficial to your products. Our coatings are applied using the latest state of art automated equipment. This equipment that we have designed and built gives you the uniformity in diameter per your print requirements from the proximal to the distal end of your products. Add to that our ability to precisely measure coating thickness and other important properties using our state-of-the-art measurement and testing devices.
Low Friction Medical Coatings
When using any of our low friction coatings, you can be confident in knowing your products are in the hands of the most capable, well-trained, and tedious applicators in the industry. Our main priority is to return your products properly coated to meet or exceed your requirements with on time delivery.
Key Features of FluoroMed® Low Friction Coatings
Medical grade FluoroMed® low friction coatings offer biocompatibility along with a low C of F. The specialized properties created by these coatings have spearheaded the next generation of innovative medical devices that include the following benefits:
- Tight and Consistent Tolerances – SSG applies PTFE coatings to a thickness of .00015” (.0038mm) to .001” (.0254mm) with tight tolerances of ± .0001 to .0002” (.0025 – .005mm)
- Uniform Coverage and Precision Masking – High volume production coating work processed using state-of-the-art automation equipment assuring uniform coating coverage from end to end and part-to-part.
- Ultra Accurate; State-of-the-Art Measurement Devices – Digital and mechanical micrometers, tensile measurement and ISO test protocol equipment. Fully-equipped measurement capabilities utilizing Mitutoyo, Laser Mike, Keyence digital, CCD Micrometers with full laboratory calibration. Full certification and traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- In-House Fabrication and Robotics – SSG designs and builds automated robotic application machinery and testing devices for use within our facility.
- Rapid Prototype Turnaround – Fully staffed prototype and custom coating department for rapid turnaround of prototype coated parts.
- Color Availability – We offer 6 different PTFE colors as well as custom colors upon request.
- PFOA-Free – All of our coatings at SSG are PFOA-Free
- Acid-Free – SSG also offers acid-free PTFE coatings both in solvent and aqueous base.
- Antimicrobial – All of our PTFE coatings have the option of having antimicrobial properties per your request.
- Nitinol – We offer a line of PFOA / Acid-free PTFE coatings with a cure of 450°F, providing no change in the properties of Nitinol.
- Autoclave Resistant