FluoroBond® N/N2 is a micron-thin, thermally bonded film of fluoropolymers that exhibits a tenacious bond to smooth cutting surfaces such as scalpels and blades. The bonded film has very low surface energy, which reduces cutting force by providing an ultra-low friction coated surface.
- Low-Friction Cutting Edge
- Lubricated edges simply cut easier than non-lubricated edges.
- FluoroBond® N/N2 creates a surface that is permanently non-stick and is bonded to metal substrate
- In addition, many medical device surfaces such as wires, guidewires, tubular products, probes and needles can be successfully coated with this technology, cuts are made smoother, faster, and with less friction.
- Key Features of FluoroBond® N/N2
FluoroBond® coatings can be used to coat miniature precision parts and even electrosurgical blades because of the high temperature. FluoroBond® N/N2 can be used on surgical blades or cutting devices to reduce the frictional properties of the cutting surface.
- Will not anneal or affect temper of cutting edges
- Ultra-thin, micron deposition
- Tenacious bond strength to smooth, ground, or polished metal surfaces
- Durable and strong; provides long lasting low-friction blade performance
- Curing temperatures will not dull nor affect blade sharpness
- Optically clear or invisible on smooth surfaces
- Solvent and chemical resistant
- Selective application area to optimize device performance
FluoroBond®-N – A polymer coating used to reduce friction on scalpels and needles
- Clear, low friction coating
- Thickness of .0002”-.0005” per surface
- Excellent adhesion to stainless steel
FluoroBond®N2 – 2-3 micron layer of coating that adheres to stainless steel, tungsten and Nitinol
- Clear coating
- Thickness 2-3 microns per surface
- High temperature resistance of 800 F plus
- Excellent adhesion to stainless steel, Nitinol and tungsten